From commercial facility cleaning to new facility disinfection procedures, cleaning professionals have a critical role in keeping offices, hospitals, stores, and even our homes healthy, clean and safe.
Maintenance and cleaning services like yours have become very important, and due to COVID-19 will forever change how we clean. Where we once believed that if it looks clean, that was good enough is now a thing of the past. Gone is the "wipe, shine and move one."
As more frontline workers are needed, evolving cleaning standards and proper training will protect them and their community from getting the global pandemic.
In today's post, we'll go over the new cleaning and disinfecting guidelines. We'll also highlight a few critical commercial facility management stats and trends.
From Commercial Facility Cleaning to Facility Disinfection: The Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfectant Protocol
What is the Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfectant Protocol?
The enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocol is a proactive measure in a COVID-19 Prevention Plan. The protocol provides additional cleaning and disinfecting processes to minimize exposure to viruses and bacteria. It adopts training methods to understand and protect us from germs, the difference between disinfecting and sanitizing and their actual impact on the environment and health.
The Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocol include:
- Understand and Protect Against Germs: Provide your frontline workers with a basic understanding of germs and how they are transmitted.
- Adopt the Right Frequency: Practice routine cleaning & disinfection of frequently touched surfaces. Examples of high-touched surfaces are reception areas, lobbies, tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, desks, keyboards, faucets and sinks. Determine the necessary frequency of cleaning and disinfection based on occupancy and use conditions.
- Use the Right Disinfectant: Implement enhanced daily cleaning and disinfection protocol using EPA and Health Canada rated products approved for disinfection purposes. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the label to ensure the safe and effective use of the product.
- Establish the Right Cleaning and Disinfection Methodology: Ensure cleaning professionals understand the difference between cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing. Establish the right cleaning and disinfection methodology. For example, clean all visibly soiled areas first, then apply the proper EPA or Health Canada approved disinfectant. Use the Right-Hand Rule, where you will work to the right and move left towards the exit door. When using the PAX-100 handheld electrostatic sprayer, start in the bathroom focusing on high-touched surfaces, including the shower curtain. Continue the PAX treatment application working in a systematic counter-clockwise direction around the room, focusing on all high-touch point surfaces, moving towards the exit door.
- Measure Productivity: Provide current technologies such as the PAX-100 handheld electrostatic sprayer to assist cleaning professionals to quickly and effectively disinfect bathrooms, high-touch surfaces and public areas.
- Provide Training: Establish effective training for cleaning professionals to ensure that they meet all current hygiene and cleanliness practices. Ensure cleaning professionals have personal protective equipment (PPE) and know how to clean or dispose of the PPE.
What is a germ? The germ is a generic term to describe microorganisms to describe a disease. The four major types of germs are bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa. They can invade plants, animals, and people.
How Do Germs Get Transmitted?
Germs spread in two ways, direct and indirect contact.
- Direct contact: Direct contact is the easiest way for germs to be transmitted and usually occurs when a person sneezes, coughs, or even breaths. Germs can also spread in sweat, saliva, and blood. All types of germs can spread this way.
- Indirect contact: Indirect contact of germs is through any surface capable of carrying an infectious agent or pathogen. Doorknobs, handrails, keyboards, gyms and keyboards are some examples of indirect contact. It s important to remember you can get sick by touching a fomite and then touching your nose, mouth or eyes.
Commercial Facility Management Statistics and Trends
Forty-four percent of companies offer a flexible work structure, such as allowing employees to choose when and where they work. As a result, office sharing, desk sharing, and communal dining areas will continue to grow.
At the same time, because of the spotlight on the frontline employees' push for better sanitation, facilities managers need to earn back the public's trust.
Cleaning professionals, companies, and manufacturers need to stay competitive and look for better cleaning solutions to keep their workers on the job by adopting new software solutions and cleaning technologies to increase productivity and safety.
PAX-100 Handheld Disinfection Sprayer
The PAX-100 Handheld Disinfection Sprayer uses adapted patented electrostatic technology and induction charging of liquid droplets. It applies a bi-polar charge to disperse the droplets, and droplets average 75 microns. Grounding is not required with the handheld unit.
The PAX-100 Handheld Disinfection Sprayer is not a fogger or spray mist. It provides high control and precise application of the liquid disinfectant.
Induction (electric) charging of the droplets happens as they pass through the nozzle. You'll notice the mist is being charged when you are spraying the target area or surface with the PAX0-100.
With the PAX-100, you can disinfect an entire average-sized room in under 30 seconds, and the PAX-100 Handheld Electrostatic Sprayer covers up to 6,000 square feet with a single 600 ml tank.
About Pax Innovations
Trust PAX Innovations to provide you with the best electrostatic disinfectant products for your commercial facility, medical offices, hospitals, schools and businesses safer. Our electrostatic application technology delivers better results more consistently and safely than current disinfecting methods.
PAX Innovations is the only electrostatic disinfectant spraying technology manufacturer in Canada. As a Canadian brand, we stand behind our products for reliability and quality.